If you’re looking for ways to change the Instagram icon, then read this blog till the end and you’ll get that done. There will be separate sections that will show you how to change the Insta icon on iOS and Android.
In this blog:
- How to change the Insta icon on iOS
- How to change the Insta icon on Android
- Essential tips to grow your business with Instagram
How to change the Insta icon on iOS
You can change the Instagram icon on iOS ( iPhone and iPad) using the iOS Shortcuts application. Here is how to do that step by step;
- On your iOS device, open the Shortcuts app and tap the Plus (+) sign in the upper-right corner of the screen,
- In the next window, tap on the Open App. If you don’t see the Open App option, you can tap on Add Action and type Open App in the search bar,
- Tap App, and then scroll down and tap Instagram,
- Tap the three dotted lines in the upper-right corner,
- Tap Add to Homescreen,
- Under HOME SCREEN NAME AND ICON, tap the image icon to select an image for the icon,
- Here you have three options to choose from; Take Photo, Choose Photo, or Choose File to add your image,
- Type Instagram or any name in the New Shortcut field,
- Tap Add in the upper-right corner,
- To remove the original icon from your home screen, press and hold the icon, then select Remove App, then Remove from Home Screen.
Here you go. You have successfully changed the icon on your iOS device. Please note that this process can work only on devices with iOS 14 or higher
How to change the Insta icon on Android
You need to use a third-party app to change the Instagram icon on an Android device. Here is a step-by-step process of how to do that using the X Icon Changer;
- Download and Install X Icon Changer app from Google Play,
- On your device’s home screen, press and hold the background, and then select Widgets,
- Scroll down and tap the X Icon Changer,
- Press and hold the X Icon Changer icon,
- After the home screen appears, drag the icon where you want it and let go,
- Find and tap the Instagram app,
- Choose a new shortcut and tap OK. There are a lot of options available, or you can add your own,
- The new icon appears on your home screen,
- To remove the original Insta icon from your home screen, press and hold the app and select Remove from Home or drag it to the Trash.
Essential tips to grow your business with Instagram
Define your goals:
Before you start creating content, you need to clearly define what are the goals you want to achieve with Instagram marketing.
Setting clear goals will help you create content that is tailored toward achieving those goals.
Some of the common goals for marketers and brands are;
- Increase awareness,
- Sell products and services,
- Share company values and culture,
- Build a community.
Optimize your profile
Your profile is your first impression for your potential customers. So, make sure it truly represents your brand and values. If you’re running a business, then you should switch to a business profile as new accounts on Instagram are set to personal, by default.
Having a business profile will unlock many features that can help you sell on Instagram, grow your brand, and track content performance. Business accounts also have access to Action Buttons – additional clickable call-to-action buttons like View Shop, Contact, Book Now, etc.
The profile picture is the face of your brand. It should look professional and approachable. You can use your business logo (if you own one), or your professional picture, facing camera (if you’re a content creator).
Next comes your bio. Your bio should convey who you are, what you do, and what value you can provide to your audience. You can also include links to your online store or landing pages.
Several online tools like Instagram profile viewer allow you to model the leading brands and influencers in your niche, which enhances your profile’s outlook and increases credibility.
Be visually aesthetic
Regardless of what type of content you post on Instagram, it should have coherence with your brand’s aesthetic. No matter what product or service you sell, your content should have a vivid visual aesthetic that is recognizable to you.
Most of the leading brands stay with consistent visual aesthetics – brand colors, color palettes, font style, etc. This makes a brand recognizable and authentic. Using a standard text font, for example, across your social media posts, online ads, landing pages, and lead magnets give your brand a unique identity and credibility.
Growing on social media is all about filling your content assembly line with valuable and engaging content regularly. Your audience will forget about you in a matter of days if they don’t see your Stories or Reels for a couple of days in a row.
So, you need to keep reminding them of your brand and the values you stand for.
A surefire way to grow on Instagram is to use relevant hashtags for gaining more reach and growing followers. If you have a new account on Instagram, the best practice would be to use niche-down hashtags. This will help you build an audience and following. You can use broad hashtags and reach a bigger audience later on.
Using organic ways to grow on Instagram is great, but… it’s a long game. Many brands and influencers buy Facebook Page likes to get instant results and grow their audience faster.
This can save you a ton of time and effort and will allow you to channel these valuable resources for scaling your brand further.
We hope that by now, you know exactly what to do to change your Instagram app icon. This blog has also unveiled handy tips that can boost your Instagram growth and help you scale your brand. It’s time to hear back from you. Did you learn something exciting today?
What has been your favorite growth tip from this blog?