With the Netgear Ac1200 Setup, you may extend the WiFi network’s range to the farthest reaches of your home or place of business. It is able to transmit data at up to 750 mbps.
The best way to boost your current WiFi range and performance is using a Netgear AC1200 Setup. A typical router may be unable to provide wifi service to a larger property, even though it can reach a small house or apartment.
In order to set up a Netgear AC1200 WiFi range extender, there are two major options: using the installation help or the WPS push button.
Netgear AC1200 Setup using the Installation Assistant
To install your Netgear AC1200 wireless extender using the installation assistant, according to the directions below:
- To begin with, put your extender in the same room as your current router.
- Turn it on by plugging it into an electrical outlet.
- Open the WiFi management on your laptop or computer and join the extenders’ network.
- Open your preferred web browser now.
- Visit the website at mywifiext.net.
- Enter the login username and password when asked.
- Contact our knowledgeable professionals through chat or email if you continue to receive the “Password and username are invalid; error” message when attempting to log in.
- After that, you’ll see the Netgear installation assistant.
- Complete the procedures shown on the screen for Netgear AC1200 Setup.
WPS Push Button Setup for Netgear AC1200 WiFi Range Extender
Here are the instructions for Netgear AC1200 Setup using WPS:
- Select a good place for your AC1200 extender and turn it on.
- Now, press the device’s WPS button.
- The WPS LED light will start blinking, which you will notice. It means that the extension is being set up with the current router.
- Three solid green lights will eventually appear on your extension. It indicates that your extender and router’s configuration process is complete.
- Get in touch with our experts if you can’t see any LED lights on your Netgear extender.
- Repeat the previous steps once to connect the extender to the 5 GHz band if your router supports it.
How do I update my NETGEAR AC1200 firmware?
NETGEAR AC1200 firmware may be updated manually by following these steps:
- Make use of an Ethernet connection to link your PC to your router.
- Check out Netgear Support.
- The model number or product name of your router should be entered.
- Press Downloads.
- Click Download after choosing a firmware version.
- You may need to unzip the file.
- Open your web browser and type routerlogin.net. A login screen appears.
- Put in the admin password and username for the router.
- The admin user name is the default. The password is the one you entered when logging in for the first time.
- Select Administration under ADVANCED. A little bit different navigation may be used by some models, such as Settings > Administration.
- Choose Router Update or Firmware Update. Depending on your router, the label changes.
- Locate and choose the firmware file that ends in.img or.chk after clicking Choose File or Browse.
- Select “Upload” from the menu.
After the router restarts, the firmware update begins. It takes roughly two minutes to update the firmware.
How is the Netgear AC1200 installed?
With the help of Netgear AC1200 Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS), we may connect to a secure WiFi network without having to enter the network name or password.
- When you see the WPS LED blinking, press the Netgear EX6120 WPS button on your extender.
- Tap the WPS button on the access point or router in under two minutes.
- While the WPS setup led light is blinking, don’t disconnect the booster or turn off the power.
- Your router, AC1200 extender, and WPS leds will all be solidly lit up green if the connection between them is successful.
- Now unplug the extension and move it to a place with a very iffy WiFi signal.
- Go ahead and search for the EXT network on your computer or mobile device, then connect to it.
Here are some actions you can try to remedy the problem if your Netgear AC1200 Setup is having problems:
- Make sure your computer and extension are linked to a dependable and quick internet connection by checking the connection.
- Unplug the extender’s power cord and wait a few seconds to restart it. Reconnect the device and attempt the firmware update once more.
- Deleting the cache in your browser Try updating the firmware once more after clearing the cache and cookies from your web browser.
- If you’re having trouble updating the firmware through a web browser, try updating it with the NETGEAR Nighthawk App.
- Download the most recent firmware: Verify that the firmware you are downloading is the most recent version available from the Netgear website.
- Try a manual firmware upgrade if none of the other procedures work. For manual update instructions, which vary significantly depending on the model, consult the handbook or the Netgear website.
If you still have any issue regarding Netgear AC1200 setup, then don’t feel ashamed to contact our experts via live chat or toll free helpline number. They are always available to assist you and resolve your issue.