Small businesses just starting or trying to increase their business volume often use signage. But, using the right signage can make all the difference in marketing success. Banners are one way to get public attention for a business. They cost more than homemade signs put in a window or on a sandwich board, but they can be more effective in the long run. Potential customers are harder to attract in today’s retail world. Advertising banners are one way to get people into a business.
Why Consider Using Banners?
Banner Printing is one way to attract customers to a business. Banners catch people’s attention as they walk or drive by a location. A well-designed banner can convince a person to stop and go into a business to see its products. Then, it is up to the business to have its business ready to serve the new customers with an attractive arrangement and collection of products. Pricing and customer service will also help make the new visitors become loyal customers.
What is a Banner?
Strictly speaking, a banner is a long strip of material that bears a slogan or design advertising a business or event. It is hung where the public passing by can see it or it is carried by a person or vehicle in a procession or parade.
Who Prints Banners?
Printing companies such as New England Banner Printing Company print banners and other custom printing needs such as general business printing, sign printing, and event and trade show printing items. It is important to find and choose a printer that has the latest banner printing machinery and inks. It is important to purchase banners that will last for a long time outside without falling apart or fading so they can not be read.
The banner printer should be one that will help a business owner design a banner that will stand out from competitors’ advertising efforts and gain them, new customers. Going to prospective printers’ web pages to see examples of their work can help the business owner choose the company that they feel comfortable with.
The best banner printing company has years of experience printing the most effective banners for their customers. They have competitive prices and banner designers to help customers get the most bang for their investment in a banner. The best printers of banners have competitive pricing, fast turnarounds, and fast delivery options. They guarantee their banners to be acceptable design-wise and long-lasting.
What Kinds of Banners Are There?
Banners come in different sizes, shapes, and materials including vinyl, mesh, and fabric. They come in different display types such as with banner stands, hanging like flags, and being used as backdrops. Banners can be designed to hang vertically or horizontally on special stands or hardware.
Banners can be large displays set up near a business to direct customers to that business or they can be located at the business to attract people into the business. Banners can be used at trade shows to draw customers to a booth or used inside a business during special product promotions.
Banners can be printed to be transportable in special bags. They can come with bags or boxes to store them between uses. The banner can be designed to use one time or on multiple occasions. Banners are an advertising form that can be versatile and used in different ways and locations. This is an advantage over a permanent sign on the front of a building or on a roadside billboard.
Use Effective Banner Design
The most expensive, well-made banner will not bring in business if it is poorly designed and hard to read. Remember, people only have a very short time to read the message on a banner as they walk or drive by. Good banner printing companies, such as New England Banner Printing Company, know the importance of good design and using materials that hold up in all kinds of weather.
Banner designers offer practical banner design advice to business owners considering using banners to increase walk-in trade for their businesses. That includes the following.
- Get to know who your audience is to better grab their attention for your product.
- What is the purpose of your banner advertising? Why do you want to use a banner for advertising? What design will achieve your purpose?
- Make the banner relevant or don’t buy one. The banner should describe in a short message what your company does or sells and why a person should try your business out.
- Include a call to action in the banner. Describing your business without asking people to contact you or enter the business is a waste of effort. Always have contact information and ask for their business.
- Focus on the message of the banner, and don’t get too wordy. Simple banners draw more attention and are easier to read. Rely on good design and readable letter fonts.
- Use good images. Choose the images and graphics carefully to grab peoples’ attention and convey a powerful image or message in a short glance.
- Use good materials that will last in all weather conditions. Cheap banners do not last long, and banners that are faded or ripped do not give potential customers the message that was intended. Spend a little more money on quality banners that will last a long time.
- Use colors that attract attention and are readable. There are marketing studies that show which colors are good for which messages. The printing company designer will be able to help with that. Also, too many colors are confusing. You don’t want a pretty picture—you want a readable, effective message.
- Choose banner information carefully so people get the right and most important company information at a glance. Where are you? What do you sell? Include contact information and a call to action.
- Use an easy-to-read print font and size. It is better to say less in bigger letters so the message is easy to read at a glance. Fancy fonts may be hard to read, so use fonts that are easy to read quickly. Use the best banner size for the space.
If this makes getting a good, effective banner seem too difficult, think again. The right banner printer has knowledgeable design staff to help you use all this advice. Our design staff is well-trained and experienced in what works best for each type of banner.