The global search engine optimization services market grew from $62.75 billion in 2022 to
$74.76 billion in 2023 at a Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 19.1%.
The time when SEO was tagged a passing tread has faded. Non-Tech modern entrepreneurs and founders now understand the importance of the digital world and search engine traffic.
In this article, you will get acquainted with SEO fundamentals like;
- What is SEO?
- The Importance of SEO
- What Are SEO Tools
- The Importance of SEO Tools To Your Website
- The 10 SEO Tools Your Website Needs to Dominate the Competition in 2023.
What Is SEO?
SEO otherwise known as Search Engine Optimization is the practice of optimizing your web pages in order to increase your website’s visibility organically in the Search Engine Results Pages (SERPs).
SEO is far different from Search Engine Advertising (Paid).
With advertising, you are basically paying search engines like Google or Bing to rank your website high on search result pages.
Whereas with SEO, you are intentionally optimizing your website so that it can show on search result pages organically without any paid advertisement thereby driving traffic organically to your website.
The Importance of SEO
It is obvious that SEO is important to your business’ online presence and visibility. And how do you know that it has a positive impact on your business? Well, that’s why this article was made for you.
1. SEO Generates More Traffic
A well implemented SEO strategy is essential because organic traffic makes up a greater significant percentage of search engine traffic. Organic traffic is the best kind of website traffic because it has low cost or no cost at all.
2. SEO Traffic is Consistent
If your page ranks well on google, you will receive consistent traffic through that page. Unlike traffic acquisition modules like social media or email marketing, websites that rank high on SERPs tend to get consistent and passive organic traffic.
Hubspot reports that Google receives 5.6 billion searches per day. So, be rest assured that your webpage will get traffic daily when people search for relevant keywords that your rank for.
3. SEO Yields a High Return On Investment (ROI)
Unlike any other marketing strategy, SEO drives higher ROI. Websites that rank high according to Terakeet, does the following
- Increase a blog’s business value by 429%.
- Decreases customer acquisition costs by 87.41%
- Brings in $12.20 of revenue per $1 spent on marketing.
How Does Search Engines Work?
As an integral part of this article, it is vital to know and also understand how search engines work in order to be aware of the sensitive aspects of your website that needs to be optimized.
Google as a search engine takes 3 steps before it can serve your website to it’s users and here are the steps;
- Crawling: Google sends out robots which are also known as Spiders or Crawlers to follow hyperlinks on your web in order to discover new content. The content may be webpages, PDFs, images and videos. When crawlers get to a web page, they gather information about your page and follow links provided on your page to other pages. After this exercise, they report back their findings to Google.
- Indexing: When those robots(crawlers), find unique content on your webpage, they add it immediately to the huge database of discovered URLs which is also known as “Search Index”.
- Ranking: The ranking process kicks in once the URLs are in the database. And for each search query, google has to try to organize the results ranging from the most relevant to the least relevant.
What Are SEO Tools
SEO tools provide data and alerts about the overall health and success of your website. They help uncover areas of opportunity and identify weaknesses that may prevent you from ranking and earning visibility in SERPs.
The Importance of SEO Tools To Your Website
Search engine optimization tools are essential in gathering your audience and also retaining them as your customers.
- It Boosts Credibility: A site that ranks high on search engine results pages is primarily considered as high quality and trustworthy by search engines and in turn boosts the credibility of the business. Always spend time on improving content quality, site speed and also in-depth research on relevant keywords.
- It Does not Cost Anything: SEO doesn’t cost that much like other marketing strategies such as pay-per-click. Search engines crawl your site 24/7 promoting useful and quality content and aiding you get customers organically.
- It Gives You Competitive Advantage: SEO tools keeps you on your toes as regards to your competitors. It makes you realize that you are not the only website providing that particular service in your niche. It also gives you the advantage of providing you with relevant keywords with less difficulty that ranks high on SERPs.
The 10 SEO Tools Your Website Needs to Dominate the Competition
There are a ton of SEO tools that help websites rank high on SERPs. These tools can as well help your website rank high and get to your target audience organically.
This is an online SEO tool that is designed for taking a critical look at a domain’s position in search, the ranking of relevant keywords that generates quality traffic to your website or blog.
- On-page SEO
- Competitor Analysis
- Local SEO
- Content Marketing
- Rank Tracking
Deep crawl, crawls your website to it’s deepest level and provides accurate information about a variety of topics. The information obtained from Deepcrawl are categorized by indexation, content validation and site explorer. This is an amazing tool that can help you track all the technical issues that may be preventing your website from ranking better on SERPs.
- Google Analytics
- Revenue Management
- Link Management
- Content Management
Sitechecker is an easy-to-go SEO tool that helps you monitor the effectiveness of your web resource promotion and systematically improve your site performance.
The unique advantage this tool has over other SEO tools is that it gives you daily backlinks tracking, unlimited site audit reports, daily rank tracking, local rank tracking,unlimited traffic checker, accurate and complete data so that you can optimize your website for better search engine rankings and take appropriate steps to improve website SEO. This tool also automates reports and key change alerts.
Ahrefs is a link research tool that is used by digital marketers around the world. It is an SEO tool that is well known for backlinks and SEO analysis. It stands out from other SEO tools by the amount of live links, huge indexes and the best speed of index updates.
- Rank tracker
- Content explorer
- Dashboard explorer
- Site explorer
- Keywords explorer
This SEO tool is designed to find link prospects based on topic, link types and phrases you provide. It is beginner friendly and suitable for advanced SEO users.
Google Search Console
With the GSC, you can make a traffic and query search which shows keyword queries that bring users to your site as well as the number of impressions, clicks and CTR you are getting for each keyword. You can as well see your average keyword position for keywords.
- Average CTR
- Web verification
- Query search
Google Keyword Planner
The Google Keyword Planner is a major part of the Google AdWords advertising platform. It allows users to research and analyze the lists of keywords alongside their search volumes.
Open Site Explorer
This SEO tool is designed by moz.com, it is an optimization tool which can also be referred to as a search engine for links. It helps you track the links leading to your website. It shows statistics such as overall link counts and also a count of domains that links to a url, along with the anchor text description.
This is an all in one SEO management tool that helps a website audit in getting the list of all pages and also check for technical issues, keyword research in order to get keyword direct match ideas as well as similar search queries, managing backlinks profiles and get ideas of where you can get backlinks from, and spying on your competitors automatically.
One of its best features is the Rank Tracker, with high accuracy and the ability to track keywords in any location.
Plerdy is a conversion rate optimization platform for SEO specialists, marketers, UX experts and website owners. It makes tracking, analyzing and converting of visitors to buyers easy.
You can as well study the user behavior in order to get a full picture of how people navigate through your website. It also allows for the recording of user sessions, collection of clicks, tracking of specific actions and detecting conversion bottlenecks.
- Pop up forms
- SEO checker
- Session replay
- Event tracking
- Sales performance
- Conversion funnel
In conclusion, these are some of the trending SEO tools for content writers in 2023. By using these tools, you can optimize your content for search engines, improve your rankings, and drive more traffic to your website.