Epson printers never disappoint their users. But technical issues are not uncommon. At times you may encounter your Epson printer not printing coloreven when there’s no lack of ink. The printouts feature gaps or are faint. This issues can arise due to a connection glitch, inadequate paper in the input tray or dirty print head.
Apart from that, when the paper type settings are not in sync with the paper that’s loaded, Epson print doesn’t print in color. But don’t worry. Here you’ll explore some easy solutions for this problem.
Resolve Epson Printer Not Printing Color Issue
Follow this effective troubleshooting to eliminate this issue.
1. Link your printer to the Wi-Fi
This is the foremost step to take when Epson printer isn’t printing even with full ink. Assess its connection with the Wi-Fi using these pointers.
2. Turn on the printer.
- Now, press the ‘Home‘ button. Go over to the ‘Control Panel.’
Locate the ‘Wi-Fi Setup’ option
- Then hit ‘OK‘ to begin configuring your connection.
- Press ‘OK‘ till you notice the Wi-Fi Setup wizard coming on.
- Hit ‘OK.’ It will commence Wi-Fi network scanning.
- You will find the current available wireless networks on the network display.
- Find your wireless network and after that link to it.
Give the wireless network password. Now, hit ‘OK.’
Wait till you view the confirmation.
Exit the wizard by pressing ‘OK.’
3. Clean the print head nozzles
Is the question, why is my Epson printer not printing color, still unanswered? Well, dried ink can be the cause. To fix it, carry out a cleaning cycle. It will facilitate Epson printer to find the ink cartridge.
Load plain paper in the feeder. Right-tap the printer icon and then hit the option saying ‘Head cleaning
- Go by the prompts that show up to begin the cleaning.
- This process will take one minute.
- Soon after, you’ll notice that the “On” light will turn green when it completes.
- When this light no longer blinks, see the nozzles to determine if they are clean.
- Then click ‘Print nozzle check pattern.’ Now, tap ‘Print.’
- Examine for any gaps in the lines.
- If you find none, tap ‘Finish.’
4. Choose the correct paper type.
If you haven’t selected the proper paper type in the relevant settings, you’ll find that your Epson printer not printing color. Even if the printer has enough ink, it will not print correctly.
It’s essential to see that the paper type settings are in sync with the kind of paper loaded. If you employ Epson ultra-glossy photo paper, your settings should be ‘Epson Ultra Glossy.’ Similarly, for Epson photo and matte paper, the paper type must be set as ‘Epson Glossy‘ and ‘Epson Photo‘, respectively. You can move to the support page of Epson printer if you have queries about the paper type setting.
5. Refill the ink cartridge properly
Are you someone who refills ink cartridges rather than replacing them? It may seem time-saving, but it’s not always right. Still, when you refill cartridges, check that the ink goes till the bottom-most part.
Use the exit hole to inject ink into a sponge. At times, air bubb les can hinder the ink flow. Eliminate them by taking out the ink cartridge. Keep it away for about 60 minutes. After that, refill it.
6. Reinstall printer driver
If the printer driver is old/outdated, you will definitely observe Epson printer not printing color. To reinstall the driver, download the current release from Epson’s site. Install it on your computer or laptop. Opt for your printer and tap ‘Printer Registration.’ Now, click ‘Next.’ Check if you can now print optimally.
Now you won’t feel confused when, even after having adequate ink, you find Epson not printing color. Use these techniques and start getting quality results. You can always contact with a printer technical expert if you are unable to deal with the error by yourself.