Furniture trends don’t change as often as handbags, lipstick colors, or heel heights. Sometimes it is enough to change the color of the upholstery of the sofa, the height of the legs or decorate it with original pillows to make it look current.
However, the most frequent question after “How to buy a corner sofa ?” is “How to properly put it in the room?”
Standard arrangement is not always effective
As a rule, a corner sofa is placed along the walls, which is understandable – large-sized upholstered furniture takes up a lot of space in the interior, and in order not to create obstacles when moving around the room, corner models are shifted close to the walls.
Recently, however, in modern interiors, the standard placement of corner structures is gradually being replaced by other compositional solutions. And it directly depends on the purposes which the furniture carries out.
Deciding on a task
Typically, a corner sofa in the interior performs the following functions:
- Room zoning. For example, with its help, you can divide a spacious room into a living room and a kitchen or an office, or a children’s play area. In this case, the front side of the sofa is directed to the living room, and one of the sides is leaning against the wall.
- Giving symmetry. Often, designers use corner structures to achieve symmetry in the interior. As a rule, this role is played by the U-shaped model.
- Visual adjustment of space in long narrow rooms. It is important to place the corner sofa here so that only its short part is along the wall, but in no case is it long. Otherwise, it will only visually lengthen the room even more.
Recently, large-sized upholstered furniture is increasingly placed in the center of the room. Therefore, when buying upholstered furniture, it will not be superfluous to make sure that its back is as attractive as the front.
Of course, to mask the shortcomings of the back, you can use various sofa furniture, including shelving or cabinets. However, the best solution would be to initially buy a product that is visually attractive from all sides. Delavega factory specialists have already taken care of this for you.
How to put a corner sofa in a new room?
If you have just made repairs and your room is not yet cluttered with furniture, then it is best to immediately outline where and what will be located. The fact is that a high-quality corner sofa made of natural wood is a rather heavy product, and it will be very problematic to move it in the future. In addition, each movement can cause damage to the flooring.
To prevent this from happening, experts recommend installing a corner sofa first, and then building a furniture ensemble around it. Pre-planning the arrangement of furniture in the room will help a lot with this.
Here are some tips for arranging furniture in the living room:
- Start by drawing up a furniture layout plan. On the plan, indicate the location of all planned furniture, as well as windows and doors, radiators, sockets and switches. Pay special attention to the distance from the open door.
- Put the corner sofa in its designated place.
- Arrange the furniture around it, taking into account the laws of composition.
- Add air to your interior, do not get carried away with tall furniture.
Basic layout options in the living room
The classic location is against the wall. It is considered universal, as it is suitable for both large and small rooms. It is convenient if you put a corner sofa in such a way that people sitting on it see those who enter the room. However, putting furniture directly in front of the door is not worth it – it’s quite uncomfortable.
And if placed near a window, it can limit access to the window if ventilation is needed.
According to experts, the best location would be in the corner. The design of the corner sofa allows it to harmoniously fit into such a space and make it cozy. Even in small rooms, such placement will be appropriate.
The arrangement of sofas in the center of the room serves, first of all, the purpose of zoning the room. It is very important to make sure that the back of the furniture is as attractive as the front.
Feng Shui corner sofa
According to Feng Shui, upholstered furniture should be located in the eastern part of the room, in the so-called “Family Zone”.
Products should be in restrained colors, preferably with shades of gold, brown or green. Feng Shui does not recommend a leather corner sofa, as it is considered “indifferent” and “cold”. It should have rounded corners and small legs, symbolizing stability and harmony.
It is recommended to put a soft corner according to Feng Shui to a wall on which there is no window, but not close, but with a small gap with the wall. In this way, you will be able to achieve confidence and calmness.
Small corner sofa for dining room
Small sofas are not standard because their production is labor intensive and the market price is low.
Therefore, buyers who want to install such furniture in the kitchen or dining room usually order from craftsmen who work with individual clients.
Such products often consist of two parts of the same length. Models have high legs, a hard seat, narrow armrests and a low straight back.
Corner designs look good next to a dining table, but pay attention to the quality of the upholstery. Opt for materials that are easy to clean.
It can be artificial leather or scotchguard with oil and water repellent impregnation.
Such models are also purchased for reception areas, waiting areas in medical institutions and for small shops.
Without the mechanism of transformations
A variety of models available on the market makes it possible to choose a comfortable sofa for the living room, office and even for the waiting room at the airport.
The main requirement is a comfortable seat and reliability.
These qualities correspond to models from the Delavega collection:
- Long classic models on legs with several seats.
- Soft low products for large rooms.
- Massive samples with a long chaise longue to delimit space in a studio apartment.
Laconic sofas, the dimensions of which you define yourself, for waiting areas in public areas.
The standard sizes of corner sofas are 2000×1500, 2600×1700 and 2900×1800. But the masters of the factory can make upholstered furniture of any size that will fit into the style of the relaxation space.
Modular sofas for designing soft corners
By moving the sections, you will add up like from cubes:
- bed-ottoman for the guest;
- corner sofa for 2 meters with a short chaise longue;
- several armchairs and poufs around a low dining table;
- long straight sofa along the wall.
Modular furniture is good because it is versatile. It is suitable for a small “Khrushchev” and for a country house. High variability of compilations makes it possible to realize any design idea.
Delavega masters offer sections measuring 1100×1400 mm, with backs, armrests and in the form of small banquettes. By purchasing “retail” parts of premium modular furniture, you yourself form the dimensions of the corner sofa that you need.
How to put a corner sofa in a rectangular room?
Many of our customers are interested in how to properly place a corner sofa in a rectangular room. A feature of the corner models are significant dimensions, so without knowing the nuances of how best to place such a model in the room, you can misuse the square meters you have.
Experts do not recommend placing overall corner structures along a long wall, next to other objects of considerable size, as well as using bulky cabinets. Before proceeding with the placement in the room, it must be divided into zones. In this case, the most successful option would be to put a corner sofa in accordance with its name – namely, in the corner of the room.
The asymmetry of the interior can be enhanced by a small coffee table, as well as armchairs. Floor lamps and other decor that blends harmoniously with your product can continue the composition.
Corner sofas by Delavega
If you become a customer of our factory, then do not worry that the standard size will not fit your apartment.
Delavega has been working with individual customers for more than 10 years and takes into account the wishes regarding the dimensions of the furniture, the color of the upholstery and the quality of the fillers.
But the basic rule to follow is this: the size of the sofa – corner or straight – is in second place after its reliability and quality.
- We are proud that we work only with reliable European suppliers of components and have equipped our workshops with modern German machines.
- We use natural wood in our work.
- We upholster furniture with durable hypoallergenic materials.
- We connect sections and nodes with Swedish fasteners.
- We took care of your safety, so we round the corners and reliably hide the sharp details of the structure.
Choosing upholstered furniture from the Delavega factory, you get a really comfortable piece of furniture