YouTube has been around since 2005 and its popularity has soared impressively so much so that about 3.25 billion hours of videos are watched on the medium every month! With so much reach, YouTube has become a very popular marketing channel and it would be foolish not to make use of such a potent and popular platform to market your mobile app. Every company from a startup to big organizations and even the Government use this platform as an effective marketing tool. Now that we have you thinking about marketing on YouTube, we better tell you how to do it! Read on to learn as to what you would have to do to market your app on YouTube. Here’s our attempt at a complete guide of sorts; after all we have been into mobile app development for quite some time and do know what we are talking about here!
There are 2 basic types of You Tube Channels
There is your user channel and then there is the partner channel.
- User Channel: A user channel is free and is pretty basic.
- Partner Channel: This is more serious business! A partner channel gets a share in the revenue from ads and thus needs to be accepted as a partner of YouTube.
Content as always is King
To have content that reaches your audience and helps you deliver your message concisely, you would first require a content strategy. At MobileCoderz, we have worked with a variety of mobile application platforms and we have ventured into marketing them on YouTube as well. We recommend that you ideate first and come up with answers to the following questions as these will help you formulate effective content.
- What is the essence of my app?
- What are the unique differentiation for my app?
- How can we highlight the USP of our app in the video?
- Can we have a video that highlights how awesome our app is?
These are some of the basics that you could begin working on. You should also concentrate on the type of video that you want to create. Here are a few basic popular video types on YouTube:
- Testimonial videos
- Screenshots and Product Descriptions
- Viral videos that are interesting and laced with humor
Keep posting updates on your channel regularly
To stay current and in touch, you need to post regular updates. Whether you post videos about your mobile app development or latest apps or simply some generic updates, keep at it regularly.
Read More- epic games.com/activate
Things to do for promoting your app
Here’s what we think you should do for promoting your app:
- Work on a good introduction and display your app’s icon on screen
- Describe your apps’ features and demonstrate how it works
- Having your logo as the watermark for your videos is not only cool but adds authenticity and makes people believe that you are into serious business!
- Have a witty response for competitor videos and other app videos; believe us when we say that this is a sure way to capture attention.
Optimization is the key
This is true for all spheres, whether you are into mobile app development, working on performance or promoting your app on YouTube! Here are a couple of things to keep in mind:
1. Infuse keywords wherever possible
Add relevant keywords in the title and description.
2. Tag appropriately
Use tags to your advantage and tag the appropriate keywords in your video.
3. Description is the key
The devil lies in the detail and having a succinct yet complete description can help you a lot.