Introduction In Pakistani culture, the traditional unstitched suit, known as the shalwar kameez, is a staple for both men and women. The shalwar kameez is a two-piece outfit that consists of loose-fitting trousers (shalwar) and a long tunic or shirt (kameez). The outfit is traditionally made from cotton or other breathable fabrics, making it perfect for the warm climate of Pakistan. Unstitched suits come in a variety of styles, designs, and fabrics, making it easy to find the perfect suit for any occasion.
Factors to Consider when Shopping for Unstitched Suits When shopping for unstitched suits, there are several factors to consider, including fabric, design, and occasion.
- Fabric: One of the most important factors to consider when shopping for unstitched suits is the fabric. Cotton, linen, and silk are some of the most popular fabrics used to make unstitched suits Pakistani. Cotton is the most breathable fabric and is perfect for the warm climate of Pakistan. Linen is a more formal and luxurious fabric, making it perfect for special occasions. Silk is also a luxurious fabric, but it is more delicate and must be handled with care.
- Design: Another important factor to consider when shopping for unstitched suits is the design. Unstitched suits come in a variety of designs, including traditional, contemporary, and fusion. Traditional designs feature intricate embroidery and embellishments, making them perfect for special occasions. Contemporary designs are more modern and sleek, and fusion designs blend traditional and modern elements.
- Occasion: The occasion for which the unstitched suit will be worn is also an important factor to consider. For formal occasions, a more formal and luxurious fabric like linen or silk is recommended. For everyday wear, cotton is a great option.
Where to Shop for Unstitched Suits
- Local Tailors: The best place to shop for unstitched suits is from local tailors. Tailors can work with customers to create a custom-made suit that is tailored to their specific measurements and style preferences. Tailors can also provide recommendations on fabrics and designs, making it easy for customers to find the perfect suit.
- Local Markets: Local markets are another great place to shop for unstitched suits. Here you can find a wide variety of fabrics, designs, and price ranges. It is a good idea to shop around and compare prices before making a purchase.
- Online: You can also find unstitched suits online, which is a good option for those who are not able to visit local tailors or markets. There are several Pakistani fashion retailers that sell unstitched suits online, and these retailers typically have a wide variety of designs and fabrics to choose from. However, it’s important to be careful as some online retailers might not have the real product or might have a different product then mentioned.
How to Care for Unstitched Suits
- Cleaning: Unstitched suits should be dry cleaned to ensure that they are properly cleaned and maintained. Delicate fabrics like silk should be dry cleaned by a professional.
- Storing: Unstitched suits should be stored in a cool and dry place, preferably in a breathable fabric bag. Avoid storing them in plastic bags, as this can cause the fabric to yellow and become musty.
- Ironing: Ironing unstitched suits is also important to maintain their shape and appearance. Use a cool iron and press the suit on the reverse side to avoid any damage to the embellishments.