Microsoft has always been one of the leading CRM vendors. Their products are highly customisable and are used by many companies around the world. With every new release of Dynamics 365, there are changes in features that make it more user-friendly for users and also increase its functionality.
Microsoft introduces two new releases every year
Microsoft CRM System introduces two new releases every year (Spring and Autumn) for Dynamics 365 CRM. And with every release, there are some changes in the features list. Some of the features are tweaked while others are completely removed. However, it is important to understand that all these features will not be available in your on-premises or cloud deployment of Microsoft Dynamics CRM if you do not have an active license for them.
In this article, we will take an overview of all the new features introduced with D365 v9.0 and later.
- Analytics is the new feature in D365 CRM.
- It is a data discovery and visualization tool that helps to analyze your data and predict future trends.
- Analytics can be used to find insights in your data by using predictive analytics, machine learning or any other form of advanced algorithms available through Microsoft Power BI or Azure Machine Learning Studio.
- You can also use it to create dashboards with custom visualisations based on your data.
The new Sales process in D365 CRM is built around the concept of pipeline management. It allows you to visualise and track your sales activities, save time and money by automating repetitive tasks, and improve sales performance with predictive analytics. The new Sales Lead Management feature helps you organize leads into specific deal stages (e.g., opportunities) based on the criteria defined by you. This allows users to access all relevant information about a particular deal at any given time, making it easier for them to make informed decisions while they’re managing prospects or closing deals more effectively with customers.
Sales forecasting has been made easier with real-time data from Microsoft Dynamics 365 Online & On-Premises applications such as CRM 360 Suite (Dynamics 365 Customer Engagement), Financials (Dynamics 365 Financials), Operations (Dynamics 365 Operations), Supply Chain Management (Dynamics 365 Supply Chain Management) etc., that can now be easily accessed directly from within the application suite itself thereby eliminating extra steps/resources required for manual data entry during planning cycles outside of D365 CRM platform only allowing users focus on one thing “Predictive Forecasting”; this will enable users to work smarter not harder!
Sales territory management has been revamped completely, improving user experience by creating better insights into each territory so managers can create forecasts based on historical data rather than just relying on gut feeling which is no longer a reliable tool nowadays!
Marketing is one of the most important features in Dynamics 365 CRM. It helps you to create, manage and execute marketing campaigns.
Marketing features are divided into two main categories: Campaigns and Campaigns Management. The campaigns section gives an overview of all your campaigns on a single page to help you track their status and performance quickly. You can also use it to create or update new campaign activities, add new customers or contacts, add tasks related to them etc…
4. Customer Service
The customer service features in D365 CRM include the following:
- A new customer service app that integrates with Service Center and Service Manager.
- The ability to create a new case from any form in the system.
- The ability to use context-sensitive help.
5. Field service
Imagine this, you have a field service team of 20+ people and they are working with your customers. The company has a huge customer base and they need all of these people to be able to access different information at any given time. They also need an easy way of tracking what has been done in the past, when it was completed, etc. The new Field Service App and Solution are designed to help manage all of this information efficiently (especially when multiple users have access).
- Field Service Automation: This feature allows you to set up automated workflows based on the status changes of each field service item in Dynamics 365 for Sales. So if someone creates a ticket for an issue with their computer then closes it without resolving anything then an email notification can be automatically created for IT staff letting them know about this issue along with specific details like what type or brand computer it is so that they can solve the problem quickly.
- Field Service Workflows: This feature helps streamline processes by allowing users who receive items from other departments such as sales orders into their own queue where they can follow instructions given by the person who created those orders in order get them processed correctly.
- Field Service Forms: These forms allow users within your organization who need product descriptions or pricing information related specifically towards services offered through field engineers so that they don’t have access all content-related products available within other modules such as inventory management tools available within Finance & Accounting module.”
6. Project Service Automation
Project Service Automation is a new feature in D365 CRM. It is a service that helps to automate the project management process.
It allows you to manage projects, tasks and resources using an integrated toolset for all aspects of your work, including creating requests, assigning tasks and monitoring progress from start to finish. You can also use Project Service Automation with Microsoft Project Server if you need those additional features.
What Are The New Features In D365 CRM?
D365 CRM Analytics
The analytics module provides a 360-degree view of customer data, helping you to make informed business decisions. You can identify your most profitable customers, understand the best time to reach out to them and see what they are doing on your website. You can even track the performance of individual marketing campaigns in detail with the analytics module’s reports.
It’s a big world out there and Microsoft Dynamics CRM is trying to provide a simple solution for businesses of all sizes. It helps you organise your sales pipeline, monitor the performance of your marketing campaigns, track customer service issues so that they never fall through the cracks again!