A YouTube marketing campaign consists of uploading quality YouTube videos to a company’s YouTube channel to promote the company and its products.
A successful content marketing strategy relies on video content. For marketers and consumers, YouTube is the go-to place for online video content.
- YouTube ranks second in terms of traffic
- YouTube content is viewed 1B hours a day.
Digital marketing teams thus primarily depend on YouTube for their marketing campaigns. If you want your YouTube videos to be more visible, there is no choice but to do so.
How can you improve your YouTube marketing strategies and gain new levels of success? The following YouTube marketing tactics will help you create Google-friendly content, double your subscribers, and boost your YouTube marketing results.
8 Useful Tips to Grow Your Channel on YouTube
1. Your Video Titles Need to Be Click-Worthy
Presentation is at the core of YouTube marketing. The title of your video makes or breaks its performance. How would you choose to present your content? Do you want to show it as a “must-see,” or do you want it to be perceived as “meh?”
Creating titles that grab people’s attention without resorting to clickbait is critical. You should create content that people will enjoy and tell them right off the bat what your video is about.
Consider BuzzFeed and WhatCulture, two of the top YouTube publishers. Video titles often incorporate lists or questions or use hyperbole (“insane,” “…of all time”).
Another relevant example is Athlean X’s fitness videos. While still appearing conversational, the channel’s titles incorporate relevant keywords.
A “best-of” or “how-to” title is always considered engaging. So, rather than sticking with the first thing that comes to mind, you should think about engaging titles instead.
According to research, the title of a YouTube video should have at least 70 characters.
Creating a good video title is as easy as following this formula:
- Identify your video’s main idea
- Theme-related keyword phrases should be short and descriptive
- Make your YouTube video title SEO-friendly by finding the right keywords.
- Select a title that addresses the viewer’s most pressing question
2. Visibility of Videos Needs Prioritization
YouTube ranks second in global search traffic on its own. YouTube is just like Google, where people look for products and seek solutions to problems. You should thus optimize your YouTube videos like any other piece of content.
YouTube SEO best practices can help you increase your chances of appearing in the top search results:
- Your titles and descriptions: Be sure to include targeted keywords. Using a tool such as Keywordtool.io can help you develop keyword ideas.
- Keywords should be mentioned in your video: To help YouTube understand what the video is about, Brian Dean of Backlinko suggests mentioning your target keywords.
- Video categories: Let YouTube know who your videos are intended for by using categories.
- YouTube tags: Besides categories, tags are an additional way for YouTube to understand what your video is about. Add as many tags as you can, so you can make your post more manageable.
Keep your keywords natural when optimizing your website. You shouldn’t use keywords just for the sake of it; they should make sense when you use them.
3. Perfect YouTube Thumbnails are Key
With compelling YouTube thumbnails, you will be able to make your channel more recognizable. Titles and thumbnails of videos should correspond to their content.
You can help people understand your YouTube videos better by including short descriptors and relevant images in your thumbnails.
Your thumbnails should capture people’s attention and tell a story. You can cut thumbnails from your videos with an online YouTube video editor and add relevant text and graphics. Leaving the audience wondering what’s going to happen next is what you should aim for.
The following tips will help you create custom thumbnails:
- Choose a standard video resolution – 1280 x 720 or 1920 x 1080. The smaller the size, the more blurry the image may appear.
- Make sure your images are of high quality.
- To attract more views, including the title of the video in your thumbnail.
- JPG, PNG, GIF, BMP, or TIF are the recommended image formats.
- YouTube players work best with 16:9 aspect ratios.
- All thumbnails should have a consistent style.
- Bring emotion into your thumbnails. Focus on the eyes and include exciting faces.
4. Create engaging and high-quality videos
The quality of your videos is crucial for your success on YouTube. Make sure you invest in good equipment, lighting, and sound. Create engaging and informative videos that offer value to your audience. Use a Youtube video editor for free to create Youtube video online. Consider incorporating visual elements such as graphics, animation, and captions to make your videos more engaging and appealing. Make sure your videos are well-structured, with a clear introduction, body, and conclusion.
5. Limit Your Video Length to Under 5 Minutes
Getting the most from your videos depends on how long they are watched. It has been found that YouTube videos average about five minutes in length.
Repeating yourself in a long video won’t help. Your YouTube video needs a compelling reason to get people’s attention. For maximum engagement, experiment with different video lengths.
The following tips will help you:
- Make each YouTube video high-quality
- Make your videos as short as possible
- Keep them short, interesting, and informative
6. Engage with the Audience
YouTube is not considered a social network per se, but it represents a thriving community with profiles, likes, and comments where users interact. In our opinion, that sounds pretty “social.”
YouTube views any engagement with your audience as a positive signal. Engagement with your subscribers can strengthen your connection with them if nothing else. Besides, liking a comment or pinning a top comment to your subscribers only takes a few seconds.
7. Your YouTube Channel Needs Branding
It is important to brand your YouTube channel so that it is visually appealing and encourages visitors to engage with it. Your brand becomes more visible to your audience, and you spend more time with them.
Your YouTube channel should feature your company’s logo. A headshot can be used instead of a logo if you are an independent video blogger.
Put titles and descriptions on your videos to help people find you. The banner image can also include links to your website and social media.
8. Live Streaming Is a Must
There is no denying that live video is one of the hottest social media trends. Streaming live video has never been more accessible, thanks to apps like Facebook, Periscope, and Instagram.
Live videos have been offered on YouTube for years, but the service has only recently started gaining traction. Check out some popular videos to get an idea of how other brands are using YouTube Live.
YouTube Live can be used in the following ways:
- Online webinars
- Streamed tutorials
- Q&A sessions
- A demonstration of a product
There is no magic formula for growing a YouTube audience. The competition in your space can certainly make it feel like a grind.
This is why it’s crucial to be prepared with different promotional methods. The tips listed above will all help you increase your channel’s visibility and subscribers, regardless of how much effort you put into them.